No one will argue that the question of finding a roommate for a joint tenancy is serious enough. You will have to spend most of your time with him, so it is very important that your characters, lifestyles or hobbies match. Moreover, you want to feel comfortable in the company of each other. However, to find a good, positive and suitable person is not so difficult as it may seem at first sight.
The best way to avoid conflicts with roommates is primarily to choose the right neighbor. Choosing a roommate in Toronto, for example, pay attention to his lifestyle. But you should take into consideration different points while looking for ideal roommate.
Read the following tips on how to ask a person to agree to share a room with you and what to pay attention to while searching for a suitable roommate.
- Ask those who you will be able to respond you positively. This is a very important decision for both you and that person. You should trust each other. Try to remember a familiar person whom you know well and for whom it would probably be beneficial to share a housing with you. A candidate can agree, if the apartment, you are going to offer him, is located not far from his office. This will make your offer more attractive to him.
- Outline all the benefits for him in general terms. In order to convince the other person to take a decision, especially to move to another apartment with you, you should tell him why your choice is the best in comparison to what he currently has. One of these advantages is savings. It is clear that no one will refuse to spend less money on the rent if the situation allows. This is the case, because to share the rent for two will be beneficial for both of you. Besides, why to rent such a big apartment alone? And you can save the money and spend it on something more important and useful.
- Show yourself as a good neighbor. Think about what qualities of character your prospective roommate wants to see, for example, punctuality, neatness, kindness.
- Make rules of joint residing: the date to pay the rent, your daily routine, if you can invite friends to the house, the days you will clean the apartment, etc. You should do this before your agreement to ensure that these rules are suitable for both him and you. Arrange a few days of testing, invite a prospective neighbor to your apartment and try to live together for several days. So, you will be able to know each other better.
- Start your searches for a suitable person and click here to find a roommate. Then let your neighbor think everything over for some time and make the right decision. It is not necessary to rush. Your decision should be mutual.
We hope that these tips will help you find an ideal roommate.